Yr Hen Stablau
Accommodation for up to 6 people plus cot
Ground floor: sitting room with French windows on to a slate terrace and woodland view; kitchen/dining room with high ceiling, original beams and farmland view, modern fittings; pantry; double or twin bedroom; shower room/WC; hall; drying lobby.
First floor: two twin bedrooms with original beams; landing; WC.
Electricity, gas & CH included; wood stove, one load logs incl; radio & digital TV; DVD; free Wifi; washing machine/dryer; microwave; fridge; freezer; spring water supply UV filtered; linen provided, towels extra on request.
Smoking outside. Pets welcome but dogs must be kept away from the sheep in neighbouring farms.
Ample parking. Shops 1 mile
Environmental features are -
• Heating by LPG gas and solar energy - environmentally cleaner than oil or electricity
• Draught lobby to reduce heat loss
• Porch with glazing to prevent draughts and use solar energy.
• Double glazing of all windows
• Thick insulation and draught sealing of roof and walls.
• Low solvent organic paint on all walls
• Underfloor heating with 92% efficiency boiler.
• Passive ventilation, reducing energy use.
• Wood-burning stove using on site logs
: Electric Vehicle charging point.
Ground floor of Yr Hen Stablau is fully wheelchair accessible, including a bedroom, shower room and toilet, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, hall and access to the terraces front and back. Mobile hoist and bed/chair raisers available at no extra charge. All door handles disability friendly, and colour scheme is planned for good visibility of doors, windows, handles, floors, worktops and cupboards. Front door entrance level with the road.
Visitors have access to a footpath through the wonderful garden. Come in spring and early summer for a stunning display of rhododendrons and azaleas. There are many other unusual shrubs and trees including pieris, tulip tree, redwood and eucryphia.
• Walking - access to 2 mile nature trail to see wild flowers, stream, oak woods, lake, birds and panorama view of Dyfi estuary. Long walks further afield: Cadair Idris (8 miles), Darren Hendre and Cwm Maethlon (3 miles)
• Machynlleth (1 mile) - unspoilt market town with independent shops, swimming pool, Y Tabernacl arts centre, Owain Glyndwr Centre, pubs and restaurants
Pennal village (2 miles) - Roman site and Owain Glynwdwr statue
• Mountain bike hire Dolgellau & trails from Machynlleth; bike trails and Dyfi Enduro event
• Centre for Alternative Technology (3 miles) - displays and activities on renewable energy and sustainable living
• Seaside - Aberdyfi (8 miles) with 4 miles of sandy beach, Yacht Club, water sports, summer Food Festival
• Children's activities - Talyllyn Steam Railway with Thomas the tank engine, King Arthur's Labyrinth, pony trekking
• Birdwatching - Ynyshir nature reserve (6 miles), Red Kite Safaris (book in advance)
• Golf: Aberdyfi, Harlech (top championship courses in N Wales), Borth, Machynlleth.
• Fishing - book in advance through the New Dyfi Fishing Association
• Machynlleth Festival - last week in August with art & music (welsh choral, folk, jazz, classical).
Comedy Festival - May Day weekend
Reviews & Customer Feedback
Be the first to add feedback or a review for Yr Hen Stablau
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 09 March 2020